zondag 3 november 2013

Quiltfun in Dalfsen

Joke and her birthday present
Rain and wind all over the Netherlands this weekend. The temperatures aren't so bad.



The quiltdepartement "The Hague" is leaving the west to drive "far east". Two are three times we are having a quiltbee in Dalfsen. Dieuwke's aunt lives here, and she is also a quilter.

I think I'm a little bit jealous, isn't it great to have aunt as a quilter. And you know what's even better? Her husband is great cook, and made us a lovely dinner, so we had lots of quilting time. So the four of us (Dieuwke, Joke, Willy and me) had a great time in her wintergarden, sitting around the stove with food, a glass of wine and a quiltproject.

I worked mostly at my Spakenburger windmills. One more row, then the quilt is 7x7 blocks. It's a very intriguing quilt. Here is our "show and tell":

Willy loves bright colours.




Dieuwke and her patchwork shawl.




2 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

How fun! You certainly had a great time, I can see. I do love that little room in Joke's house - it is really so gezellig. And all your projects. That is great. The wedding was marvelous. And I have been cooking to get ready for my houseguest, arriving in 13 more days (after today). Woo Hoo!

Yvonne zei

De regen heeft jullie niet kunnen deren. Gezellig zo'n dagje quilten en een mooie show en tell!