donderdag 7 juli 2011

Jelly roll quilt

This quilt is finished. It's made from a "jelly roll" I got from Marne. The pattern is very simple, and you can make two blocks of every strip. I choose three strips for the middle, cut them in 2,5 inch squares. From the other strips I cut:

2 squares of 2,5 x 2,5 inch
2 rectangels of 6,5 x 2,5 inch

The finished size of the quiltblock is 6,5 x 6,5 inch (including 0.25 inch seam allowance).
From the leftover strips you can make more blocks and combine the different strips. For the sashings I used muslin (cotton). You can make the sashing as wide if you like, depending how many blocks and depending the size of your quilt. For the back I didn't use cotton, but I used a brown corduroy. The quilt is partly handly quilted (country stitches) and partly done with the machine. Now the quilt is on his way to my uncle, he's rather ill, so I thought he and his partner could use a quilt.

1 opmerking:

Chookyblue...... zei

lovely quilt........and looks fairly simple.

how big is the quilt and how much white did you use???