zaterdag 7 mei 2011

My Orphan Quilt

Orphan blocks are those leftover blocks from old projects. You may have made one to see how the fabrics looked together. You may have made too many blocks for the project. You may have made a whole stack of them and just didn't know what to do with them afterward. Or they were the wrong size. (National Examiner in Quilting)




Well this is my Orphan Quilt made from antique blocks (period 1890-1910). I have collected those over the last two years. So you see, quilters from all times have "orphan blocks".

3 opmerkingen:

Debbie zei

That is a beautiful piece.

Nana's Quilts zei

Well Missy - that is really nice. You have done a very good job of putting that all together. Can't wait to see the real thing.
M.

kate zei

Caroline!
What a beautiful quilt! Now I know what you mean by Orphan Blocks!!
I have so many things you are going to love!
New Friend- Katie