zondag 1 mei 2011

Completely different .....


are the two quilts that I'm working on. One in modern bright colours for our new niece Noor, she was born april 6th. The other one made of old antique quilt blocks, from around the turn of the century 1900. I love the little block with the embroidered name.




What happened? I was cleaning the spareroom, because Marne and Elaine will visit us in less then 3 weeks. Then I saw my box with old blocks I collected over the last two years. I couldn't resist to take them out, and arrange them to make a "sampler". Well there is nothing special on the programm today, and although we have very nice sunny weather I think I will spend some hours sewing.

3 opmerkingen:

ballardquilter zei

I love the Noor quilt. The colors are "happy" and perfect for a Spring baby.

Nana's Quilts zei

Lovely, lovely. Now who does Noor belong to? Sorry I've forgotten. But it is all very nice, indeed. We leave in just over 2 weeks, now. Amazing! I still have several things to do, but it will get here before I know it!

Debbie zei

I love the basket blocks.