vrijdag 8 april 2011

It's springtime ....




.... this weekend. The first green leaves are showing up. To make you jealous: friday, saturday and sunday, the weatherforecast said: sunshine, sunshine and sunshine, temperature between 15C-18C. That's pretty good here in the Netherlands. To use every moment this weekend we drove thursday eve to our "summerhouse" in Garderen. This morning around lunchtime we walked to Garderen to have a chickenburger. The afternoon we spend relaxing, I'm busy with handquilting one of my antique quilts. These antique fabrics dated from the 1870-1900. I picked them up at Marne in februar. They looked awful, so I all cut them up again, sew them together, and put a new muslin border around it.

1 opmerking:

Nana's Quilts zei

That looks terrific. And the blue binding is just perfect. I do love it and especially when I think what it used to look like. Good work!