zaterdag 21 november 2009

For my mum ....

...... I made this quilt. As I told you a few months ago, my mum like sewing children clothes, doll clothes etc. so I try to convince her about quilting, she bought some fabric. But no, she isn't a quilter. All those fabrics where waiting in her cupboard. I took them home and made this quilt. The fabrics are from the Haan & Wagenmaker. For those who're not dutch, the Haan en Wagenmaker is a very special quiltshop. Their site presents cotton chintzes, a quilting fabric based on antique Dutch manuscripts. So if you're in the neighbourhood ... don't forget this quiltshop in Amsterdam.

3 opmerkingen:

MooZ KaartenFabriekje zei

Je moeders quilt is mooi geworden Caroline!
Heb je 'm met de hand gemaakt of met de machine?
Dat herinnert mij eraan dat ik ook nog een quilttop heb liggen die ik eens af moet maken. Ik zie alleen zo tegen het sandwichen/doorrrijgen op!

groetjes en een fijn weekend, Monique

Nana's Quilts zei

That looks so nice on your mom's table. Perhaps we can work on one for me when you are here.
M.

^A^ngel zei

Oh that is lovely... The colors go together so well...

You did a wonderful job!

Hugs,

^A^ngel