zondag 24 februari 2008

Workshop Dijanna Cevaal

Today I did a workshop at the Quilterspalet in The Hague. It was very special. The teacher was Dijanna Cevaal (born in Holland) and living since her 10th birthday in Australia. She is a Textile Artist. Her quilts are very famous, she dyes and prints her own fabrics, what makes them unique.

The technique we learned today is called: Tifaifai. It’s based on Polynesian quilts and free-machine applique. First we designed our own pattern (not ease but great results), and ironed it on the top. After that we start working on our sewing machine, to sew the applications by free-machine quilting. And unbelievable, end of the day I had finished my top.

I think the day was fantastic!! Thank you for teaching Dijanne. Thank you Evy and Petra for organizing this day. In my webalbum (see right in the corner) you can see all the pictures I made this day.

If you want to know more about Dijanne Cevaal, you can read her blog: http://origidij.blogspot.com/2006/12/i-have-updated-my-picturetrail-site.html

2 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

Oh - I wish I could have come. That is very complex but beautiful work. And what design did you choose? I couldn't see from the photos which one was yours. Perhaps you can teach me????
Marne

Nana's Quilts zei

Today (Friday) I have done a "wierd and random" meme and have tagged you. Read my blog today and it should make sense - This is silly, but oh well, it is kind of fun.
Marne