I spend two days at the 21ste European Patchwork Meeting: thursday and saturday.
In the four villages: St. Marie-aux-Mines, St. Marie-aux-Croix, Liepvre and Rombach you find all kind of different expositions. This year I thought there was a great mix of traditional and modern quilts. Lots and lots of inspiration, and in my next posts you will find pictures of my favorite exhibitions.
Really a good idea was to take my bike with me. So I parked the car just outside St. Marie-aux-Mines and took my (e)bike. Which was great. I cyled to St. Marie-aux-Croix and Liepvre, a beautiful cyclepath over an old railroad, only 8 kilometers away from St. Marie-aux-Mines.
Here are some tips if you want to go next year:
- In 2016 the dates are: wednesday 14 september till saturday 17 september (no sunday).
- We stayed in Riquewihr (35 minutes drives), lovely town, worthwhile a visit.
- Ribeauville and some other villages in this area are also very good places to stay.
- Flammkuchen should be on your menu.
- Taking your bike is very handy, but there is a free bus as well between the villages.
- One day is not enough if you want to see all the exhibitions.
- Villa Burrus has always something special.
- It's good to know that's it's not only patchwork but also textile arts.