zaterdag 29 december 2012

X-mas gifts

In our family we don't have a tradition of giving each other X-mas gifts. When I was a child we always celebrated Sinterklaas on the 5th of december with the all family, brothers, sisters and grandmothers, with presents suprises and poems.

Well things in the Netherlands are changed a little bit, and I must admit it's fun to open presents on X-mas morning. Two packages from abroad were watiting under the X-mas tree. One from Kerry (Australia) from the SSCS2012 swap and one from our dear friends in Seattle.

Two special packages. Kerry made me some lovely gifts from wool. I really adore the dog pincushion. How did she know I love dogs ; ).

Marne and Elaine did sent us also lovely gifts, but one gift is very special: nine Sue Bonnet quiltblocks from the 1930s. They were made by Clara Petefish Moore (1918 - 2009), she was a friend of Doris. And Doris was the daughter of Grace, my other special 1930s quilt that I finished in 2011. Clara made the blocks 80 years ago, she used sugar, flour and feed sacks.


Oh I can't wait till the quiltshops are open again, but I have to wait  after New Year. Marina's quiltshop in Zeist got quite a collection of 1930s reproduction fabrics. I really want to make a quilt of it. I know that some quilters say that you shouldn't use them, and keep the blocks the way they are, but I like to finish the block into a real quilt. A good project for 2013.

3 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

I'm happy that you like these blocks. Doris gave them to me the last time she was here (in the autumn). Happy New Year!

Chookyblue...... zei

Kerry must have been doing some blog stalking........lovely gifts she sent to you........thanks for being part of the SSCS 2012........

Supergoof zei

Heel veel GELUK in 2013!!
:o)