donderdag 2 oktober 2014

Back home

I only can say I had a fantastic adventure travelling through New England with Joke, Marjoke, Laura, Henk and Dicky. Still enjoying every moment.

I'm trying to organize my pictures, I took more then 1500 photos, and made a webalbum with a selection of my pictures. So don't worry.


My very comfy bed at the Mountain View Inn.
Thursday 18/9: Flying from Amsterdam to Philadelphi, we arrived at 14.00 a.m. and had some time to visit the Dutch Eating Place.

Friday 19/9: All day walking around on the sewing expo

Saturday 20/9: Driving through Amish country, we found also some nice quiltshops.

Sunday 21/9: Visiting Philadelphia, and then on the plane to Boston. We arrived at 10.30 pm at our B&B, they left a note on the door and the key under the doormat.

Monday 22/9: Shellburn Open Air Museum with a beautiful collection of antique quilts

Tuesday 23/9: Von Trapp Family Lodge, Ben&Jerries, and a quiltshop

Wednesday 24/9: Billington Farm, and some quiltshops

Thursday 25/9: Driving North to another B&B, Keepsake Quilting and the Braided Rug Store

Friday 26/9: Lowell, visiting New England Quiltmuseum, how amazing that we found some quiltshops.

Saturday 27/9: Shaker Village, and a quiltshop to start with it in the morning.

Sunday 28/9: Coffee in Boston and then to Philadelphia and Amsterdam. No quiltshopping today.

Monday 29/9: Arrival at the airport at 8 in the morning. Just in time to be back at work 10.30 a.m. to have my first meeting.

I think I need another holiday.

2 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

I bet Rob is glad to have you to himself. This will be a good week-end to be quiet and continue to catch up with your sleep.

Yvonne zei

Wat heb je een heerlijke reis gemaakt.....maar ......direct door naar je werk? Dat was best heftig zeker! Dan sta je gelijk weer met beide benen op de grond, hoop dat je het vakantiegevoel toch nog even vast hebt kunnen houden!