donderdag 17 januari 2013

Winter in the Netherlands

When I'm reading the blogs of my australian quiltbloggers, it feels strange. We're having lots and lots of snow here, and  they're having high temperatures and bushburning. I wish I could send some snow to them, and receive a little bit of sunshine.

Here everybody has to plough through the snow to get at work. Tuesday morning, 40 centimeters (16 inches) of snow was laying around the house. And because it was so early, there were no paths, Mies disappeared till her belly in the snow. Poor old girl.

Any quilting going around?
Yes a little bit, but my study Business Science/Administration started last tuesday. This time the subject is "logistics", so that means "making choices". I'm busy finishing an old project. I have to do the binding at the dog quilt for my friend Emma.  And I couldn't resist this pattern "the two patches ladies", you can buy it at Quiltatelier Vlijtig Liesje for only 2,95 euro. Last saturday in Putten I saw this crochet cupecake wrap hanging in the window. And I coulnd't resist that as well. Really had to try it.
Small projects between working and studying. And more exciting I'm planning another trip to Seattle, it will be november, first they will arrive on the 17th of april.


1 opmerking:

Nana's Quilts zei

What a lot of snow! Wow. You must have good boots. And the patch ladies is such a cute pattern! I don't know how to do crochet so I cannot make the cupcake, but it is cute. Oh these traveling quilt girls - isn't life so good?