zondag 5 februari 2012

Slowly but steady .....

.. my original plans to clean up and tidy up my quiltroom during my X-mas holiday were unexpectly changed on first X-mas day.
So now very slowly my quiltroom is getting reorganised with the help of my DH. One of the most important things for me is that we changed my cutting table. I used to use a little  wooden dining table for cutting my fabrics, but to be honest, of course it's too low. Now we have changed it and my DH bought me a bar table at Ikea (what a great store). So cutting fabrics has become a much healthier process for my back.

Of course I had to try it out just for a short moment. One of my projects for 2012, beside all my other UFO's, is making a kingsize crazy dog quilt. Last year in march I bought several dog fabrics in Seattle. So I hope I have enough, and if not,  then I have to do some shopping in september in Seattle again. 
But with the cold nights and winds blowing around the house I really appreciate my warm quilts.
They even talking about a "elfstedentocht" (eleven city skating tour 200 km). Woh,  that would be great the last one was in 1997.

Still very very very slowly, but still steady things are getting a little bit back to normal.

2 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

Excellent! I do like the table, it looks like it will work very nicely. And of course, your doggie quilt will be a very cheerful project to start on. Hurrah!

balalrdquilter zei

Colby is cheering you on to finish the dog quilt.