woensdag 30 december 2009

X-mas holidays


The second week of my X-mas holiday is halfway. Back to work on monday the 4th januar. We had all kind of weather the last weeks, snow, rain, ice, wind and sun. The last week I spend with quilting, having dinners with friends, shopping, making walks with Paco, and now my last action for this year is tidying up my quiltroom. I must say I got more UFO's and fabric than I thought. OEPS.
So I promised myself not to start any new projects, before I finish three UFO's.


We had a lovely X-mas! On X-mas day during breakfast we unwrapped our X-mas gifts from aboard. So Marne, Elaine, Hubert, Sabine and Vanessa THANKS, we really loved your presents. In the evening our friends came along for dinner.
The last days I worked very hard on my "american quilt". Dieuwke helped me sandwiching the quilt. And now it's almost finished, I only have to sew the binding on the back of the quilt. Maybe it's good idea to do that on New Years Eve. I always have trouble to stay up late. And then the quilt will be on the bed in our spare-room, waiting for guests to come.

My American Quilt is made from fat quarters Marne's Quiltbee "Stashbusters" gave to me on my first trip to Seattle in september 2008. I thought 7 months about the pattern, and I started cutting and sewing in March 2009, when Marne and Elaine were in the Netherlands. I made 145 blocks called "puss in the corner". The quilting I did with my sewing machine. And I must say it's not an easy job, to get a king size quilt under your sewing machine. But I'm very proud on my "first big project".

1 opmerking:

Chookyblue...... zei

lovely gift from Vanessa for the SSCS.........thanks for joining in.........