The castle is beautyfully designed with paintings (41), wood-carvings and plastered walls and ceilings. For example the western tower shows pictures of the three devine virtues: believe, hope and glory. In 1772 the Castle was sold for 400.000 dutch guilders. Between 1772 - 1895 the castle had several owners.
In 1895 the german family Passmann bought the castle. They loved the castle, when the daughter of the house died on the age of 20, she was buried on a special graveyard on the estate. In 1945 after the World War they were forced to leave the castle, and the castle was given to the government.
In 1945 the Roman Church wanted to build a monastry in the eastern part of Holland. So they got 63ha of land from the castle. In 1949 the friars started to build the monastry. During that time they lived in the castle. There was a special entrance through a window in the cellar they used. Nowdays this entrance is still used by the visitors for their bikes. In 1952 the Monastry was finished and the castle became a guesthouse. Still there is connection between the castle and monastry. Many guests are visting the services in the little Church of the Monastry.