dinsdag 5 mei 2015

Quiltfun in Deventer on a rainy sunday afternoon...

..... with Jeltje from the 100-rozen.

Talking about the plans for september we have the quilting days in Deventer.

A big event from wednesday till sunday, Deventer will be the quilting capital of the Netherlands.


100 rozen in Deventer

Quilts in Deventer

Jeltje is organizing the 'Dear Jane' exposition in the synagoge (second picture).

And she invited me to do two show-and-tells of my antique quilts (thursday and saturday). This is one of my old quilts, Jeltje with some ladies made this sampler quilt from 1930s blocks. Then they made the pattern and made another one with new fabrics. Isn't it cute.


You know, a long time ago I started my Dear Jane Quilt, but after 12 blocks I gave up, same with the Amish Circle Quilt. So now I have my 24 blocks quilt "Dear Amish Jane".




  Life can be so excited.



2 opmerkingen:

Nana's Quilts zei

Perhaps soon you will become world famous and I can say that I knew her whe. . . .

Excellent!

Yvonne zei

Leuk hoor die Dear Amish, goed opgelost om zo je blokken tot een quiltje te maken. Ik hoop in september ook naar Deventer te gaan!